Dashboards Simplified with Construction Viz and Microsoft Power BI
We added integration between Construction Viz and Microsoft Power BI early last year to give our users another option for creating reports and dashboards. Read how you can take advantage of this integration to create customizable reporting and data visualizations for your organization.
Microsoft Power BI is rapidly becoming the reporting solution of choice for many organizations. Those with a Microsoft 365 subscription can build highly complex reports and dashboards, share them with their internal and external teammates, and even publish them to public-facing websites.
We recognize that not every company, project, or PM is the same. That is why we designed Construction Viz to be as flexible as possible, allowing for many different reporting solutions, including prebuilt SQL reports and automated dynamic dashboards. Being that Construction Viz utilizes Microsoft365 and SharePoint, adding integration with Power BI extends this flexibility further, giving construction organizations another robust reporting option that they can use alongside Construction Viz's construction project management features.
Construction Viz Integrated Reporting Using Power BI Embedded
Our integration between Construction Viz and Power BI leverages the Power BI Embedded API framework provided by Microsoft. We then built a custom menu specifically for creating, deploying, and viewing your Power BI reports within the Construction Viz Hub.
The advantages of this approach are:
- A single source of truth. Using Power BI with Construction Viz gives you one location to see ALL your reports, apps, and documentation for your project.
- Create your own dashboard tabs in the Construction Viz Hub. You can easily design a custom reporting interface by creating, naming, ordering, and displaying or hiding report dashboards.
- Embed your Power BI Reports alongside Construction Viz. With a simple copy and paste, you can display your Power BI reports in Construction Viz side by side with our pre-defined dashboards, allowing you to mix and match your reporting and visualization tools as needed.
- Embed other Microsoft 365 applications. The dashboard creation feature also allows the user to link to SharePoint, Excel Services, other Construction Viz instances, and more without an additional login.
- Import pre-defined reports. We built pre-defined Power BI reports that support our Construction Viz apps. These reports can be imported into your Power BI tenant and added as dashboard tabs as well.
Construction Project Management Powered by Microsoft 365 and SharePoint
Construction Viz is a unique construction management solution since it can be deployed into a Microsoft 365 SharePoint Online site, ensuring your data stays with you.
With Power BI and Power Automate, we continue to deeply integrate Construction Viz into the Microsoft 365 ecosystem so that you can leverage the tools you already use while keeping control of your data, allowing you to manage your projects more effectively.