Learn how we integrated the Construction Viz Meeting Minutes and Action Item apps to turbocharge action item management for construction project teams.
Here is a common scenario for many construction organizations:
- Your project teams hold meetings to review progress and capture action items in meeting minutes.
- In most cases, team members probably document meeting minutes in Microsoft Word.
- Next, someone likely re-enters action items into a separate log using Microsoft Excel.
Not only is this not a very efficient way to collect meeting information, but it is also error-prone and difficult to keep in sync. It is also challenging to ensure that your team is working off the most up-to-date versions of these documents.
We took a step back and analyzed the above process when designing the Construction Viz Meeting Minutes and Action Items apps. The result was a deep integration between these two tools to create a streamlined and always-up-to-date bidirectional connection between meeting minutes and action items.
How Construction Viz improves action item management
The bidirectional flow of data between our Construction Viz Meeting Minutes and Action items apps offers construction project teams many benefits:
- You can create action items directly within the Meeting Minutes app.
- Action items created within a meeting minutes record automatically generate entries within the Action Items app.
- Both apps automatically generate cross-links, relating action items and meeting minutes records to each other. Now you can easily cross-reference action items and meetings, giving you a complete log as a single source of truth.
- If you duplicate a meeting minute form, you can selectively carry forward action items, creating a history of assigned and open action items, as well as a record of the meeting in which you first entered them.
Get a free demo and consultation
Streamlining meeting minutes and action items is just another example of how our team applied our real-world construction project management experience to help organizations save time and cost. Find out how Construction Viz can help your team better manage your projects. Check out our full lineup of Construction Viz apps and schedule your free demo and consultation today.